AKG is a familiar brand when it comes to headphones. The company produces one of the best in-ear and on-ear headphones on the market. In this AKG Y10 review, you will be able to find out more information about the Y10. With this information, you are going to find it easy to select the right headphones for you. You’ll see who are these headphones best for, as well as who should stay away from them. But, a small spoiler, they’re actually a very good option for the price.
The AKG Y10 is a lightweight in-ear type of headphones that come in white, black, blue and cocoa brown colors. If you are planning on getting a pair of headphones for the first time, the Y10 are a good place to start. They come with a two piece plug casing and a pair of snug-fitting, foam ear sleeves that make it extra comfortable. Unlike most of the other in-ear headphones with an earbud design, the AKG Y10 is a true definition of quality and class. It merges the AKG-quality sound with an unmatched level of portability making it ideal for those with on-the-go lifestyles. Many of the users agree that this model delivers great sound with an excellent frequency response.
These headphones are compatible with a wide range of portable devices. Whether you’re using an Android or iOS device, the headphones will deliver an equally amazing quality of sound. They have a moderate bass response and a good coverage of higher pitches. This makes them the right gear for music streaming and podcasts. The treble sounds sharp without being tinny, which means you do not have to worry about switching sounds to your liking. If you’re a fan of headphones with a volume slider instead of buttons, then you will love these.
One of the outstanding features of the headphones is the design. The earbud design is one the people’s favorite designs when it comes to in-ear headphones. In addition to that, they have comfy snug-fitting ear sleeves that fit perfectly into the ear canal. The foam design means that the headphones feel comfortable even for those with hypersensitive ear canals. The other great feature of the Y10 is the volume slider. There’s no denying that the majority of headphones users prefer volume sliders to volume adjustment buttons. This feature makes it easy and hassle-free for you to adjust the volume without spending too much time.
The in-ear mic on the AKG Y10 allows you to conveniently answer calls, and play/pause music on your phone. A single press skips to the next song on your music player. They give you the freedom to choose from different colors depending on your tastes and preferences. The AKG brand is known for its high quality of sound and this is shown in the headphones. They fit easily into your pocket, making them one the most portable headphones on the market. That aside, the size of the ear-bud is just amazing. It could fit in almost any size of ear canals without causing any discomfort. Even when you fit the snug-fitting foam pieces, the size remains reasonable enough for your comfort.
Pros and Cons
- The headphones boast of great portability making them the go-to headphones for on-the-go lifestyles.
- The high-quality design makes them very durable thus giving you the value of your money
- When it comes to cost, the price of the headphones is quite pocket-friendly.
- The sound quality is amazing, giving you an opportunity to enjoy your audio without too much of a hassle.
- The design of the headphones makes them suitable for a wide range of uses including exercising, music streaming and listening to podcasts.
- It has quick and intuitive navigations to adjust the volume, pick calls and play, pause and skip music on your phone.
- The headphones are compatible with a wide range of devices including iOS and Android smartphones.
- The rubber pieces are not firmly attached to the earbud and could easily fall off after continued use of the headphones.
- The sound rejection/cancelation feature is not at its best because external noise can interrupt the sound of the headphones.
- Are you in the habit of putting the headphones in your pocket when not in use? Not a good idea. You are actually increasing the speed of the foam pieces wearing out.
- The sound quality of the headphones is not as good as some competitive products. Some long-time AKG users will agree that the bass levels are unusually low for an AKG product.
- It is not advisable to increase the volume of the headphones in order to experience a satisfying sound. With the Y10, you may need to adjust the volume when using them outside. This could endanger listener’s eardrums since these are in-ear headphones.
- Several reviews criticize the durability of these headphones. For some of the users, the black rubber covering is too loose on the earbud. Others complain about the fact that replacements are not available in case you happen to misplace or lose the rubber covering.
Wrapping up our AKG Y10 review
If you are looking to buy a pair of in-ear headphones for the first time or simply to alternate your existing ones, the AKG Y10s are a great choice. They offer a great quality of sound and the design does not disappoint. You will definitely love the comfort that comes with the snug-fitting foam ear sleeves. The price is also quite pocket-friendly which means that you get a great value for your money. Although the AKG Y10s do not compare favorably with its peers in terms of durability, it is definitely worth a try given its great design and high quality of sound.